Click button for the most recent ad matches of the week.


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Today I Learned Something



You might know about my order that i put in with Dillon's for 80 boxes of Barilla pasta back two weeks ago.
Well i have ordered before from Dillon's, it was very easy and simple. They called for someone from the department i would be ordering from. They came with their gun and scanned the item i wanted and put in the order from there. It took them two days to my order in.
This time when i went to order the lady gave me a 'Special Order' paper to fill out for the item i wanted. When i turned it in back to her she said she would put it into the computer and get it ordered. I asked when to expect the order to be in and she would not tell me.
A week later i called and asked about my order... again someone said it was not in and would not tell me when it might be. Two times after that while i was in the store shopping i had went over and asked if they could tell me when it might be in. No one would tell me.
Luckily my item had been on sale for two sales in a row but since Wednesday is approaching soon i was getting nervous that my item would not be in in time.
Again today i went up to the service desk and asked about my order. She said 'We call when it gets in'. So i pushed a little more. I told her that i had ordered it early so i wouldn't be wiping the shelf out for their customers but that i needed my items before the sale ended and if there was anything she could do, like give me a rain check for the items i ordered. She said they can only give 1 rain check per item for max of 10 a like items... this obviously was not going to help me any. Finally she called the back room and told me they had enough of my item back there and that an employee would give it to me.
Well what they brought out to me was not the item i had ordered. She my husband stepped in and asked if there was anything they could do, could they reorder it and have it here in time before they sale ended or if they would make an exception to the rule and give me a rain check for all 80 boxes since i did order it but they got the wrong item in. Finally after a bit of scanning and checking the man said he would put my order in and have it here to me by Tuesday (before the sale ended). Thank goodness!


Sometimes you just have to keep asking and talk to the right people to get things done.


All in all the lesson i learned was talk to an employee from the department you want to order from, do not fill out the special order paper! Some service desk employees just don't know what they are talking, but don't blame them, they just haven't been taught!


Now that i have learned this lesson i don't believe i will have a problem at all with ordering. I'm glad i learned this lesson and am able to tell you about it so maybe you will not have this problem

0 comments:

 
;